This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
LinkFreeze (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : LinkFreeze
Subject Topic: Note sure what to do (Topic Closed Topic Closed)
Author
Message |
mattp

Posted: 30 April 2008 at 8:29am  

Hi there. I'm really new to Link Freeze, and can't quite see what I may be doing wrong. I have it all set up and working, and have added some directories to exclude.
Here is the config:
#################################################
# LinkFreeze Configuration file
# Version 2, 2, 0, 80

LogRewrite=False
NotifyOrder=MEDIUM

/my_icerecruit/my_cv/        ?&=       
/admin_site        ?&=       
/recruiter_site        ?&=       
/        ---    .asp        [MoveExt]

Our problem is we have llinks that are extension .htm from the / directorate but pointing to an .asp target in the /my_icerecruit/my_cv/ which is excluded so they fail?

Please help!

mattp

Posted: 30 April 2008 at 8:47am  

I thought maybe I should provide a link, the site is www.icerecruit.com
Once you are registered, and in 'My Icerecruit' section, if you click the My CV link it tries to take you to a .HTM page which doesn't exist (we put in a workaround, a real .HTM that redirects to the real .ASP page) and without the workaround we just get 404.

Sergey
Admin Group

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 8:18am  

Try the following directory rule:

/(?!my_icerecruit/my_cv|admin_site|recruiter_site) ---    .asp        [MoveExt]

mattp

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 4:00am  

Thanks for that, works perfectly. I tried it myself beforehand in that format, I think I'd included / in each directory exclude which stopped it working.

mattp

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:12am  

Our link freeze links have suddenly stopped working since we purchased our server licences and entered them. Any idea why this might be? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the same happens.

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 6:27am  

They stopped working immediately after you enter registration keys? Do you see any error messages in Application or System logs? Possibly there is no enough NTFS permissions for LinkFreeze to load server.lic file that should be created in Filters folder under installation. Try to play with NTFS permissions in this folder.

mattp

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 6:30am  

no not exactly - it stopped because the trial period ran out. Then we bought a 2 server licence and entered the codes but the filters didn't seem to reactivate. There are no event log errors, and no permissions have changed from before. I am logged on as a system administrator when installing, and have full access to the folder.

mattp

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 6:40am  

And I checked, there is a lic file with my info in the filters folder.

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 2:36pm  

LinkFreeze is trying to load server.lic file from the same folder where .dll file is loaded to IIS. First please make sure server.lic file is located in the proper folder and you have not installed any LinkFreeze filters manually from custom folders. Then make sure there is enough permissions to load server.lic file. Required permissions depend on OS you are using, better set Everyone read permissions for this file and make sure there are no any Deny permission records for this file or folder.

mattp

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 5:47am  

I really wouldn't mind if you didn't repeat the same answer to almost every other post here as if no one reads the forums.

As I have already said, the permissions are correct, Everyone has full permissions from Linkfreeze install folder downwards, the licence file is there along with the dll and the ini file, and it says its enabled under the site, and my registered details are there when i click about.
The program was uninstalled and reinstalled previously, after the demo expired and entering our codes didn't work.

I'm so far disappointed at the lack of tech support for a paid licensed product. Even emailing the support team doesn't prompt a single response via email (not even automatic).

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 7:41am  

Is it possible for us to have terminal access to this server to try set-up the product? According to your explanation everything should be working with no problems, so there must be something that we have missed. Please send terminal access information to this server to [email protected]

mattp

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:34am  

I can host a session using Team Viewer:

http://www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx

Team viewer is a free session to session remote utility,

Let me know once you have it ready to go and I will generate a key for the session I will host.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version