This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
LinkFreeze (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : LinkFreeze
Subject Topic: Linkfreeze Testing / Troubleshooting (Topic Closed Topic Closed)
Author
Message |
jccriv

Posted: 23 August 2007 at 12:21am  

Ok. The full retail version of Linkfreeze is installed in our hosted server. Our host gave us a file called Linkfreeze6185.ini which contains the following lines:

RegistrationName=My Name
RegistrationCode=MYCODE-MYCODE-MYCODE-MYCODE
LogRewrite=True
NotifyOrder=MEDIUM

This is all that we have access to because it is installed in a Hosted server (obviously tampering with Server applications via vpns or accessing any other setup/config/os-specific file is out of the question unless very well justified).

I read the documentation that basically made me add a new line to the above file as follows:

/ +~|     .cfm       [M,A,L]

(to affect all CFM files, with =~| for ?&= respectively and all the flags for execution)

However, when I ftp it back to the server it didn't work!

Unlike ISAPI_REWRITE I see no httpd.parse.errors so I'm not sure if

a) the application is well installed

b) I need to modify something else at the server

c) my Regex is wrong

d) Regex's are defined elsewhere

e) other...

What i Urgently need is a simple test script and/or something to verify if Linkfreeze is correctly installed and working. Just for test purposes something that changes all the CFM files ?&= characters to +~| respectively... and to know exactly what to put in this linkfreezeXXX.INI file.

I need to know how to identify the problem and troubleshoot it (considering I am working Hosted)...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards from across the globe

Juan Carlos

Sergey
Admin Group

Posted: 23 August 2007 at 6:07am  

Try this rule

/          ~~~     .cfm          [MoveExt,AbsLinks,Lowercase]

>However, when I ftp it back to the server it didn't work!

Links not frozen? or fully not work

jccriv

Posted: 23 August 2007 at 8:17am  

Hello Sergey,

This is the file as I currently have it (including your latest update and masked RegCode)

#################################################
# LinkFreeze Configuration file
# Version 2, 2, 0, 76

RegistrationName=Juan Carlos Cardoso Riveroll
RegistrationCode=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
LogRewrite=True
NotifyOrder=MEDIUM
/          ~~~     .cfm          [MoveExt,AbsLinks,Lowercase]

In reply to your question, this file was uploaded to the root of my site (astroweb.com.mx) as LinkFreeze6185.ini and it's unfortunately still not working. Meaning that the Links are not being frozen.

I.e. if you access http://www.astroweb.com.mx/AW/Index.cfm?Language=ENG (with MSIE 7) and try to click on any  link: (Compatibility, Services, Create Account, Password, Spanish, etc) you can see that the URL remains the same (with ?=& chars instead of freezing with ~~~ and with .cfm extension instead of .html)

My assumption is that the above link should look something like http://www.astroweb.com.mx/AW/index~Language~ENG.html and it's not.. =( The link appears the same original way (at the browser location bar) but nevertheless content/functionality is OK. Only links are not being frozen.

How can I troubleshoot this? What is wrong?

Thank you guys very much for your help =)

Juan Carlos

P.s. taking this requirement one step further with a complementary question... is it possible to define the rule so that a folder (with all of its nested subfolders/files) are not linkfrozen? I.e. supposing I want to Linkfreeze all the site, EXCEPT for any content under http://www.astroweb.com.mx/AW/*  how can this be done? Thank you again and apologies for being such a nuisance! =)

jccriv

Posted: 23 August 2007 at 8:29am  

Sergey.. just to comment on the above setup, I also have installed at the site ISAPI_REWRITE (which is working very well and is controlled by its httpd.ini file), however I have temporarily removed any rules from this application so to try to troubleshoot and not interfere with Linkfreeze... but still  no luck..

Sergey
Admin Group

Posted: 23 August 2007 at 8:47am  

Probably this is NTFS permission problem (for LinkFreeze6185.ini and LinkFreeze6185.dll).
Check System and Application log. If you see "Can't load ISAPI filter" error messages this is NTFS permissions problem.

jccriv

Posted: 23 August 2007 at 10:48am  

OK Sergey, thank you. I'll submit a support ticket to our host webmaster. were I'll ask him to check the System/application log for "Can't Load ISAPI filter", and given the case that this is found (and hence is the problem), what should he do to correct it?

jccriv

Posted: 24 August 2007 at 12:31am  

Hello!

My Host Fixed the permits according to the documentation (read/write of dll & ini) and still the application didn't work. There were NO error logs...

He had to register the REGEX manually at the application installed in the server and until this occured Linkfreeze worked ok! (However not everything.. for instance the .cfm didn't change to .html)

The question is... Will I have to submit my REGEX to my HOST everytime I want to change the mask/rewrite pattern or can I do this manually? I tried modifying the LinkFreez6185.ini file again but nothing happened.. so my guess is that I will? =(

Please.. is there any way to avoid this? I don't want to be a nuisance to my host! is there something else that needs configuration so that by simply updating the INI file everything works?

Best regards and thank you!! Please find enclosed the reply from Mark, my host at HOSTNEXUS.com (highly recommendable) to compliment this comment:

===============

Hello,

Everything should be working fine now.

The same as in the ini file had to be done in the IIS tab for the link freeze software.

Please check and let us know if we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mark Johnson
Windows Support
http://www.hostnexus.com

Juan Carlos Cardoso Riveroll  
Posted On: 24 Aug 2007 04:53 AM

Beautiful Mark! Thank you! =)

However: Does this mean that every time I modify the INI file (to update the REGEX to mask the path differently) I need to ask you to modify the Server/App aswell?

Ticket Details

===================

Ticket ID: TKO-669523

Department: Windows Support

Priority: Low

Mark Johnson  
Posted On: 24 Aug 2007 04:59 AM

Hello,

It seems so. There is no ISAPI loading errors the logs are clean.

However we will assist you everytime you need it.

This is not something that should take more than 10 min to get running.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mark Johnson
Windows Support
http://www.hostnexus.com
Juan Carlos Cardoso Riveroll  
Posted On: 24 Aug 2007 05:03 AM

Ok.. great! Thank you!
I'll work on the final REGEX and when is ready I'll ask for your help again then =)
Great Tool! Excellent for SEO...

TTYL my friend..

Best regards,

Juan Carlos

================

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version