This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
HotlinkBlocker (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : HotlinkBlocker
Subject Topic: IIS slowdown (Topic Closed Topic Closed)
Author
Message |
robweber

Posted: 29 June 2007 at 4:03pm  

Hi,

I'm currently testing HotLinkBlocker to protect PDF files on a website. It works great, except for the fact that it really increases the amount of time needed to open a PDF file. I know it is hotlinkblocker since this problem began soon after we installed it, and disabling the blocker brings back fast load times. We are using redirect protectiong, and I can post the text config file if that would help diagnose the problem. Please let me know if this is a known issue, or if there is something that can be done to fix it.

HotLinkBlocker version 1.4.0.56
IIS V6.0

-Rob

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 5:55am  

Please send your configuration file and site URL with example of slow URLs to the [email protected]
Do you have any unprotected areas on your site with PDF files? Have you noted any slowdown within these unprotecter areas?

robweber

Posted: 02 July 2007 at 1:13pm  

Thanks for replying to my post. For security reasons I can't give you a url to test out (but the PDF slowdown is happening). I have not noticed any slowdowns on areas of our site that aren't using the hotlinkblocker though. Below is the configuration file we are using. Perhaps there is a problem with this that is causing the slowness of the download times.

As you can see we are trying to prevent linking to all PDF documents on our entire Intranet site. Our company Internet site (www.ecec.com) is not using the hotlinkblocker and all PDF's there seem to be working fine. These two websites run on the same IIS server.

#################################################
# HotlinkBlocker Configuration file

# Version 1, 4, 0, 56

Signature=33c88700-f7fb-44d6-ab02-2a62c4983d78
LinkExpires=3600
NotifyOrder=MEDIUM

[Protect]
REDIRECT @.*\.pdf 

[ReferersBlackList]
[ReferersWhiteList]
@http\://(?:www\.)intra.ecec\.com.*
[UserAgentsBlackList]
[UserAgentsWhiteList]

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 03 July 2007 at 5:19am  

What if you send the URL privately to the [email protected]? I was hoping that seing this slowdown and checking HTTP session will help me to find the reason of this behavior. Can you somehow measure this slowdown? Provide me with a protion of your IIS log when you are requesting PDF files.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version