This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
LinkFreeze (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : LinkFreeze
Subject Topic: .HTML pages being changed to .ASPX | 404 (Topic Closed Topic Closed)
Author
Message |
paulb33
Groupie


Joined: 26 March 2007
Posts: 66
Posted: 01 May 2007 at 4:05pm  

I have JUST downloaded LinkFreeze and installed it on our server. Our site is 98% HTML but we have some dynamic parts to it. I have applied linkFreeze to be active on the directory /per_brands/ and it is working great. It is changing all query strings in the app to .html pages. The problem is, if you leave that directory back to any other part of the site, it gives a 404 error because it will change any relative link that has an .html extension to .aspx. To see this error, go to http://www.drivewire.com and click on the yellow ACCEl icon in the middle of the page, then click the browser back button, then click the AC Condenser link in the left navi. You will see that the server gives a 404.

What I need is to be able to link to the pages in the /per_brands/ directory from any page of the site using the altered url and have it change any request for a page in the /per_brands/ directory using a query string format to the altered .html pages. I don't want the linkFreez to change any other pages on the site.

Here is my config:
#################################################
# LinkFreeze Configuration file
# Version 2, 2, 0, 68


LogRewrite=False
NotifyOrder=MEDIUM


/per_brands/  ~// .aspx @[^?]+\.aspx.*  [MoveExt,Redirect]



__________________
=============================
Paul
=============================
Back to Top
 
Yaroslav
Admin Group


Joined: 15 August 2002
Posts: 6520
Posted: 02 May 2007 at 4:33am  

I did as you mentioned and I don't see any 404 error messages. Possibly the error is only in your browser's cache?
According to the configuration everything should be fine (even without HTML filter) on your site.

__________________
Yaroslav Govorunov,
Helicon Tech
Back to Top Visit Yaroslav's Homepage
 
paulb33
Groupie


Joined: 26 March 2007
Posts: 66
Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:47am  

That is very strange, I still receive the error. It is now even happening with absolute links. Here is error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /replacementparts/accondenser.aspx

 

The page should be /replacementparts/accondenser.html. If you could, just click around in the per_brands directory and then out to the site. The left navi is all links to the main site. Any help would be great!!!



__________________
=============================
Paul
=============================
Back to Top
 
paulb33
Groupie


Joined: 26 March 2007
Posts: 66
Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:49am  

Also just to note, I did clear my cache as you mentioned and I still received the error. I also tried it on different computers and the errors also happened.

__________________
=============================
Paul
=============================
Back to Top
 
paulb33
Groupie


Joined: 26 March 2007
Posts: 66
Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:55pm  

Ok, I change the config to the below and it solved the server 404 problem.... but now I have a different 404 problem. if you click on any link from this page, it gives a 404 and shows our custom 404 error page. http://www.drivewire.com/per_brands/MakeWise~obj/G10~VAN/mk/CHEVROLET/c/ACC047/b/ACL/q/ACCEL~Custom~Fit~8.8mm~Spark~Plug~Wires.html

However, if I disable link freeze and enter the URL of the first link on the ablove page, the page works and shows the results. So, with linkFreeze disabled, this url works:
http://www.drivewire.com/per_brands/Default.aspx?parts=A358842,A358844&b=ACL&q=ACCEL~Custom~Fit~8.8mm~Spark~Plug~Wires&r=1969-1969~CHEVROLET~G10~VAN

With LinkFreeze enabled, the above URL is changed to the below url, but gives a 404:
http://www.drivewire.com/per_brands/Default~parts/A358842,A358844/b/ACL/q/ACCEL-Custom-Fit-8.8mm-Spark-Plug-Wires/r/1969-1969~CHEVROLET~G10~VAN.html

Any Ideas???

#################################################
# LinkFreeze Configuration file
# Version 2, 2, 0, 68


LogRewrite=False
NotifyOrder=MEDIUM


/per_brands/  ~// .aspx  [MoveExt,Redirect]
/  ~~~ .html  [MoveExt]

 



__________________
=============================
Paul
=============================
Back to Top
 
paulb33
Groupie


Joined: 26 March 2007
Posts: 66
Posted: 02 May 2007 at 2:00pm  

just to add to the last post, I did clear my cache and this is the header response:

HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found =>
Date => Wed, 02 May 2007 18:43:10 GMT
X-Powered-By => ASP.NET
Connection => Keep-Alive
Content-Length => 21085
Content-Type => text/html
Set-Cookie => ASPSESSIONIDQQABTDCB=PLAJGCGANIADHIBHLKIDLKNG; path=/
Cache-control => private



__________________
=============================
Paul
=============================
Back to Top
 
paulb33
Groupie


Joined: 26 March 2007
Posts: 66
Posted: 02 May 2007 at 2:11pm  

i have fixed the problem.

 

Regards,



__________________
=============================
Paul
=============================
Back to Top
 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum