This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
HotlinkBlocker (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : HotlinkBlocker
Subject Topic: Old problem out of memory (Topic Closed Topic Closed)
Author
Message |
finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 06 December 2006 at 2:19pm  

Suddenly the Out of memory problem is back.
I get somthing like 100.000 unik users a day and I have to restart HB every few houre as it runs out of memory.

Also if it runs and I try and load a video it takes about 8 to 10 sec to prebuffer but if I turn off HB it takes 2 or 3 sec.

I would like to solve the memory problem, it seems like HB does not release the memory after it has run.

My Server id DualCore P4 3000 with 3 gig ram by the way.

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 07 December 2006 at 4:21am  

First of all what exact version of HotlinkBlocker you are using? Please upgrade to the latest available version - just download and run automatic installation.
Next please show me your HotlinkBlocker configuration file and a link to the video file.

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 10 December 2006 at 1:45pm  

do you have a debug version im already running the latest build and the protection metode is link

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 11 December 2006 at 10:32am  

Please, again, show me your HotlinkBlocker configuration.
And explain problem again in details, we could not just remember what it was the last time.

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 13 December 2006 at 2:13am  

Signature=34af2251-7881-4d7e-ad57-df38744f3491
LinkExpires=1800
NotifyOrder=MEDIUM

[Protect]
LINK  \media\wmv 

[ReferersBlackList]
[ReferersWhiteList]
*lazykiller*
[UserAgentsBlackList]
[UserAgentsWhiteList]

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 13 December 2006 at 7:39am  

First of all your configuration is incorrect. You have used backslashes instead of forward. Should be:

[Protect]
LINK /media/wmv

Next you didn't explain the problem itself. Does a memory on your server really finishes or is it an error message and where you see it. Can you copy entire message?

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 02 January 2007 at 5:08pm  

The protection works ok half day then it just stop working and inside the log:

When I look into the Event Viewer of our machine I see over 100 errors saying:
Out of memory and

Unhandled exception caught. Last error is: (0) No description Exception code is: (c0000005)

************************************************************ *******************

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Helicon.HotlinkBlocker
Event Category: None
Event ID: 516
Date:  24/12/2006
Time:  3:19:45 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXX
Description:
Not enough memory.

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 03 January 2007 at 3:34am  

here is a test where you can see the different of a protected file and a none protected file. The protected file takes ages to load while the none protected just starts almost immediately.

http://64.72.125.88/video-test.asp

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 03 January 2007 at 7:27am  

The "Not enough memory" message cannot be received from a current version of HotlinkBlocker - it was removed from the code many versions ago. So you are definitely running on some old version, maybe even on a debug version we did sent to you before. Please download and install latest version of HotlinkBlocker. Make sure all .dll files where updated, check where HotlinkBlocker ISAPI filter on your web site points and check this file version.
As for load delay. The explanation is simple: every time you click on this link you get unprotected fiel form your local browser's cache (because you have viewed this file already), but the link to the protected file now point to a different location (with a different signature) so teh file is not returned form a browser cache and you download it again.

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 03 January 2007 at 1:22pm  

Yaroslav wrote:
The "Not enough memory" message cannot be received from a current version of HotlinkBlocker - it was removed from the code many versions ago. So you are definitely running on some old version, maybe even on a debug version we did sent to you before. Please download and install latest version of HotlinkBlocker. Make sure all .dll files where updated, check where HotlinkBlocker ISAPI filter on your web site points and check this file version.
As for load delay. The explanation is simple: every time you click on this link you get unprotected fiel form your local browser's cache (because you have viewed this file already), but the link to the protected file now point to a different location (with a different signature) so teh file is not returned form a browser cache and you download it again.

I downloaded the latest version just now and installed it.
I understand why its a bit slower now :)
But when the file is loaded the first time it takes some time before it starts buffering why is that?

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 03 January 2007 at 3:11pm  

I have the time out set to 3600 so why does the video expier on every reload can that be changed?

Also I see great diffrent in lod time if I Enable/Disable the plugin.

Would like to do a test with one of you online you have ICQ/AIM or MSN ?

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 04 January 2007 at 6:01am  

1. I didn't noted any unexpected delays in the response.
2. The new signature is generated every time user requests a page, because it should include current time to calculate a validity timeout. We will think how this can be improved in future versions. Maybe REDIRECT protection could be the answer. I need to think about this.
3. My ICQ #97726564
I will need a terminal access to your server to check possible problems.

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 04 January 2007 at 2:41pm  

Redirect cant be used with wmv files as they dont send refferes or am I wrong here?

I really only need the dir to be renamed like every 2 or 3 hour and not on every reload if that could be done I would buy it no problem.

Would like to talk more about that.

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 04 January 2007 at 2:41pm  

I added you to my ICQ

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 05 January 2007 at 6:04am  

REDIRECT protection can be used with almost any content, including WMV files because it is actually a combination of REFERER and LINK protection. The main drawback of this method is that Save As function on a link will stop working in IE, and it cannot be used as a access protection solution. But don't hurry with implementing new solution, give us a chance to think about it first - it is not as easy.
You cannot just have links expired in two hours simultaneously on entire site, what will happen to the people who are working on a site at this moment?
I will be able to suggest a solution with a new product we are currently releasing, it will be available in a month or so.

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 06 January 2007 at 2:02pm  

well you can count me in on the new peoduct and if you need beta tester just say and im ready :)

Could a link be pr. Session I mean they expirer when a user close explorer ?

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 06 January 2007 at 2:04pm  

Also with my old system I just renamed the folder with all my content in every hour or 2 and if some one was on they just had to reload the page.

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 08 January 2007 at 9:08am  

Please subscribe to our newsletter to stay informae about all releases and other news.
As for your old system - we don't make such solutions. When you are building a server software compatibility and avialability should be on the first place.

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 09 January 2007 at 3:22am  

Yaroslav wrote:
Please subscribe to our newsletter to stay informae about all releases and other news.
As for your old system - we don't make such solutions. When you are building a server software compatibility and avialability should be on the first place.

I have signed up :)
Sure I understand about compatibility and avialability but I needed a system and it was running ok but your system was better.

The only glitch is that every time a user reloads the page it need to load the video one more time and that really gives a lot more traffic on the server.

finallynaked
Groupie

Posted: 09 January 2007 at 3:29am  

I disabled the protection today as it takes about 10 sec to load a video first time (nothing in chache) and it takes 3 sec when its disabled.

Will you be online today AIM or MSN ????? lets do a test.

Page of 2 Next >>

Printable version Printable version