This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Common Questions (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : Common Questions
Subject Topic: LinkFreeze or ISAPI Rewrite? (Topic Closed Topic Closed)
Author
Message |
SaintMak

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 11:39am  

Hi, I work for a hosting company and looking at offering your ISAPI Rewrite for our clients�. Can you please tell me from your opinion if it is better to offer Link Freeeze or Rewrite? We have clients� running .NET ecommerce stores and had some enquires about this. Would our clients� have to start creating the rules or is it just install and play?

I appreciate your help. As soon as you get back I can make a better informed decision for which product to purchase and will be easiest for our customers. We run all Windows 2003 servers just for the info.

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 3:24am  

LinkFreeze is just install and play while ISAPI_Rewrite requires creating rules. But actually these are different products. LinkFreeze is used only for SEO and only limited to some optimisation schemes while ISAPI_Rewrite is a custom solution and may be used for different cases.
I would suggest you to offer your clients both ISAPI_Rewrite and LinkFreeze.

SaintMak

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 10:31am  

Thanks for the answer.

Now in a shared enviroment how would the licensing work for LinkFreeze? I guess it is just the one install on the server but then how is the license per domain done?

Can I also find out with the ISAPI_Rewrite, if there is a way to disable certain rules globally to stop users for using using them?

I couldn't find any information about the upgrade license. If we purchase either how to we stand regards upgrades are they free for life, version?

Thanks

Yaroslav
Admin Group

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 3:51am  

1. LinkFreeze is licensed per web site, so you will need to charge your costumer every time he desided to install LinkFreese on his site. ISAPI_Rewrite is licensed per physical server, so you will pay for it only once. As for LinkFreeze licenses we can provide you with a reseller discount.
2. With ISAPI_Rewrite you cannot directly disable certain rules, you can only disable certain users from creating httpd.ini files. And also you may disable certain URLs from rewriting. Maybe you will describe this question in more detail?
3. Upgrades are free for minor version change and may require some fee for major version change. Currently we are not planning any major upgrades.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version