This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

ISAPI_Rewrite 3.0 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : ISAPI_Rewrite 3.0
Subject Topic: Can I run both Rewrite1 and Rewrite3?
Author
Message |
bjaffee

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 8:04pm

We have a testing machine (running Windows Server 2003/IIS6) with ISAPI Rewrite 1 installed for some legacy sites that still use httpd.ini.

I have recently installed ISAPI Rewrite 3 on that machine, so that we can also run a newer site that uses .htaccess.  However the redirects for this site don't seem to work at all.  Note that ISAPI Rewrite 1 is still installed and still seems to be working correctly.  Also, I have allowed Rewrite3 in Web Service Extensions, but I'm not sure what else I need to do to get it to work on this machine.

Do I need to uninstall the older version of Rewrite?

Note: We are currently using the .htaccess file mentioned above on other servers that have only Rewrite3 installed, and it works fine there.

Edited by bjaffee - 16 December 2011 at 8:04pm

Guests

Online Status: Online
Posted: 19 December 2011 at 5:38am

Hello,

1) Yes, please, uninstall the old version.
2) ISAPI_Rewrite 3 has also quite difficult syntax. You can see examples in FAQ and examples section.

In case you have a lot of rules you may request Premium Support Plan. We can help you to replace old rules with new ones.

Regards
Andrew

bjaffee

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 3:01pm

It still doesn't work:

There was nothing in add/remove programs available for ISAPI_Rewrite 1, so I did the following:  Removed  ISAPI_Rewrite from the ISAPI filters option in IIS; In Web Service Extentions in IIS, disallowed ISAPI_Rewrite; Removed the ISAPI_Rewrite directory from the c:\Program Files\Helicon directory.

I'm not sure what else I need to do to uninstall it version 1.

Note that we currently have ISAPI_Rewrite 3 running on over a dozen other servers (all running IIS 7.5 as opposed to IIS6 in this case), and they work fine.  So, the problem isn't with syntax in our .htacess file.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version