This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

ISAPI_Rewrite 3.0 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : ISAPI_Rewrite 3.0
Subject Topic: Windows 2008 r2 64-bit problem
Author
Message |
damonw

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 12:37pm

Long story short, we've been using version 2.0 for over 5 years and veen extremely happy with it.

But...we've now been forced to upgrade to Windows 2008 r2 64-bit and so rather than strgulle porting version 2.0 we've decided that we will purchase version 3.0.

So to start we have downloaded and installed the 45 day trial onto the new server and now the sites are not loading.

The problem seems that the 2.0 rules are not being understood by 3.0. I have used the import from 2.0 button and a .htaccess file is created instead of the httpd.ini file.

If I clear all the contents from each htaccess file each site loads. If I leave the rewrite rules in the htacess file then I only get 403 errors or server 500 errors.

I would like to ocntinue using the product and to do so on the new platform with the new version and as I say, we're more than ready to purchase a new license for the newer version but surely it's not necessary to rewrite every line of code for every site that we have using ISAPI_Rewtite 2.0?

Hoping for a positive response and solution.

Damon

Guests

Online Status: Online
Posted: 16 December 2011 at 7:55am

Hello Damon,

ISAPI_Rewrite has quite different syntax (dealing with querystring and other mechanisms).
Depending on the amount of rules we may offer you Premium Support Plan to resolve the issue.
To start with we suggest RewriteCompatability 2 directive to make your rules work.
There's also some information in FAQ and examples section

Regards
Andrew

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version