Helicon Ape (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : Helicon Ape
Subject Topic: Run APE in 32-bit mode IIS7
Author
Message |
LCL

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 4:07am

Hello,

I have installed APE in a win 2008 r2 server, for our hosting customers, but I have a small problem, if the app_pool is running in 32-bit mode APE is not functioning. In 64-bit its working as expected. When I downloaded it said it has both 32- and 64-bit installations.

How can I register APE as a 32-bit service on the server?

Guests

Online Status: Online
Posted: 03 October 2011 at 5:00am

Hello,

Initially, 32-bit mode pool must work the same as 64-bit.
To fix the issue you may need to go to Ape Manager, click right-button and choose "Disable Ape for XXXXX", then click "Enable APe for XXXXX".
This must fix the issue.

Regards
Andrew

LCL

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 5:26am

That does nothing..

I have a test site where it is set as 64-bit, ape enabled. this works I get promted with login.
when I set it to 32-bit it does not work I get passed the authentication, I disable ape then enable it again, still not working changing it back to 64-bit mode and it starts working without needing to restart APE for the site.

This problem I believe is that APE has no 32-bit installed on the server. so when IIS APP_POOL is set to 32-bit mode it cannot communicate with 64-bit APE

Guests

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 5:38am

I didn't say, that Ape doesn't care for the 32 or 64-bit.
Would you contact me via helpdesk and we try to arrange RDP session, so that we'd take a look at the issue?

Regards
Andrew

LCL

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 8:18am

Hmm our server is in production..so that will be a problem.

But I found something, in classic pipe it does not work in 32-bit
If I change it to integrated it failed with 500.22 error, when I removed
this from the web.config file its working I get prompted with the login..

<httpHandlers>
            <add path="*.apehandler" verb="*" type="Helicon.Ape.Handler, Helicon.Ape, Version=3.0.0.69, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=************" validate="false" />
        </httpHandlers>
        <httpModules>
            <add name="Helicon.Ape" type="Helicon.Ape.ApeModule, Helicon.Ape, Version=3.0.0.69, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=************" />
        </httpModules>

I removed the Token as I dont know if that is important to hold it to my self.

APE adds this to web.config automatic, and to get all the functions it needs to be running integrated pipe, but then it will not work as long the above is in the web.config...

Guests

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 4:49am

Well,

this means you have issues with classic pool. In this case you need to do some Mapping, following the article:
Mapping for Windows

In case you use Ape just for rewriting functions, then you may try to use ISAPI_Rewrite instead, which may do the trick.

Regards
Andrew

LCL

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 5:13am

I will look at this, your link is for win 2003, and Im running 2008 r2 but I will figure it out.

We need APE as we have some customers who moved from an apache host to us and using .htpasswds files

Still the issue with web.config is strange why will APE add something into that file that will kill the site with 500.22 error?

Guests

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 7:50am

There's an assumption that you have installed Ape, Ape has registered all you pools.
After some time you've changed the pool or the pool settings.
Is this one fitting the reality?

LCL

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 8:09am

I have installed APE (trial for now), the server was installed over 1 year ago. It looks like ape is disabled on all the sites even after I right clicked the top "IIS Web Sites" and clicked activate ape..

All sites are running by default .net 2.0 classic pool this is what websitepanel makes.
I have not changed any pools but in WSP our customers can change it and when they do it will kill the site.
For now I know what to do to get it working but that is not so user friendly.

I know you support WSP 1.2.0 but we will not upgrade as we are going for a custom system.

I was hoping that only installing APE on the server would activate the functions APE has to offer.

Guests

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 8:26am

Would you send me a message using our email or helpdesk, so that we'd take a look at the system?

Regards
Andrew

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version