This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

ISAPI_Rewrite 3.0 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : ISAPI_Rewrite 3.0
Subject Topic: DotNetNuke & VirtualHost Directives
Author
Message |
dnnmatt
Newbie


Joined: 01 September 2011
Posts: 2
Posted: 02 September 2011 at 10:04am

We're currenly evaluating helicon ape, specificially the isapi rewrite functionality for use with a dotnetnuke site.

We have 4 portals with different domain names / ip's on a single instance of IIS/DNN.  We have a VirtualHost section set up in the httpd.conf file for each of the ips/domain names. 

What seems to be happening is that the first two of the virtualhost sections work without issue.  If we create a 3rd or 4th section for the remaining sites, those sections will work only up until we access either the 1st or 2nd sites referenced in the 1st two virtualhost sections.  It seems like some sort of caching issue related to running multiple domains/ips from the same IIS instance.

Is this a limitation of the trial version?  Is this behavior expected? 

We've specified a RewriteLog per VirtualHost.  The way we've figured out that IP/Domain requests are ending up in the wrong VirtualHost group is because we're seeing log records like these in a file for a single VirtualHost group.

99.30.10.255 99.30.10.255  [02/Sep/2011:09:09:53] [173.1.52.122/sid#2]....
99.30.10.255 99.30.10.255  [02/Sep/2011:10:09:10] [173.204.124.86/sid#2]....
99.30.10.255 99.30.10.255  [02/Sep/2011:09:09:42] [173.1.52.116/sid#2]....

Our VirtualHost groups look like this with the ips specified.

<VirtualHost 173.204.124.87>
///rewrite rules
</VirtualHost>

Back to Top
 
Guests
Guest


Joined: 01 October 2003
Online Status: Online
Posts: -160
Posted: 06 September 2011 at 5:22am

Hello,

So this is Helicon Ape. What IIS is it running on?
Please, provide also the rewrite.log for the testing requests, not only IPs.

Regards
Andrew
Back to Top
 
dnnmatt
Newbie


Joined: 01 September 2011
Posts: 2
Posted: 13 September 2011 at 11:43am

Hi

When we took the IP's out of the VirtualHost section and replaced them with the domain names the issue was resolved.  We needed to use the IP's for testing purposes.  We ended up working around the issue by just putting all the IP's in a single VirtualHost section, along with all the rules.  Later on we moved all the rules into their own VirtualHost section with the appropriate domain name.

Back to Top
 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version