This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x
Subject Topic: Permalink Pattern problem
Author
Message |
MattMason

Posted: 09 August 2011 at 12:45pm

Not being a master of regular expressions, I need some help in my RewriteRule pattern.  Currently my rule looks like this:

RewriteRule Pneumotach-Transducer-TSD107B([^?]*)(?:\?(.*))? /ResearchNotes$1.asp\?Aid=&ANid=22&Level=4

RewriteRule Pneumotach-Transducer-TSD107B-mer([^?]*)(?:\?(.*))? /ResearchNotes$1.asp\?Aid=15&ANid=22&Level=4

RewriteRule Pneumotach-Transducer-TSD107B-gravity([^?]*)(?:\?(.*))? /ResearchNotes$1.asp\?Aid=24&ANid=22&Level=4

But these don't resolve.  Other permalinks that are dissimilar work just fine, but when the permalinks are close in the pattern, it doesnt work.  I am certain it's the pattern.  Any ideas?  Help is much appreciated!

thanks!

Anton
Admin Group

Posted: 10 August 2011 at 4:09am

Please try to put the rules in the following order:

RewriteRule /Pneumotach-Transducer-TSD107B-mer([^?]*)(?:\?(.*))? /ResearchNotes$1.asp\?Aid=15&ANid=22&Level=4
RewriteRule /Pneumotach-Transducer-TSD107B-gravity([^?]*)(?:\?(.*))? /ResearchNotes$1.asp\?Aid=24&ANid=22&Level=4
RewriteRule /Pneumotach-Transducer-TSD107B([^?]*)(?:\?(.*))? /ResearchNotes$1.asp\?Aid=&ANid=22&Level=4

MattMason

Posted: 10 August 2011 at 10:49am

Hi Anton -
I don't understand why this order makes more sense.  I have 50 thousand similar permalinks.  I know have them in order from longest permalink to smallest, but I still am having some problems.  Can you please give me a rule of thumb or help me understand the logic of the new order?

thanks,
Matt

Anton
Admin Group

Posted: 11 August 2011 at 1:23am

Hello, Matt

With the order you initially had the first rule will get matched for the requests intended for all three rules, as it's the most generic one.
It means that whether you request
www.site.com/Pneumotach-Transducer-TSD107B-smth
or
www.site.com/Pneumotach-Transducer-TSD107B-mersmth
or
www.site.com/Pneumotach-Transducer-TSD107B-gravitysmth
the first rule will fire.
When you put them in the order I suggested the most generic rule goes last thus giving other rules a chance to get matched.
Hope I made myself clear.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version