This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x
Subject Topic: Not Understanding RewriteHeader Rule
Author
Message |
bobmc859

Posted: 22 June 2011 at 12:56pm

Hello all,
I've been tasked with moving our ISAPI rules from the web server to our Load Balancer, the LB is a F5 that utilizes iRules. I'm not familiar with ISAPI as I need to be and I'm in a bit of a time crouch so I was hoping to get some feedback here on converting these rules. I'm trying to understand exactly what this rule is doing. It seems as if its simply rewriting the host header to show without the www, cms, or even the test portion. But that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense since the hostheader would need that in info to direct the end user to the correct website in IIS. But again I'm pretty new to this so any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful.

To provide a little background we are using W2K3 servers, IIS6, and Microsoft's Content Management Server. the cms in the URL is where end users, with proper permissions, go to access the content management interface to update their website.  I have over 200 of these entries in my ISAPI file that I have to move/convert.

RewriteCond  Host:  www\.test\.sitename\.bob\.com
RewriteHeader Host: .* sitename\.bob\.com
RewriteCond  Host:  cms\.test\.sitename\.bob\.com
RewriteHeader Host: .* sitename\.bob\.com

Thanks,
Bob

Anton
Admin Group

Posted: 24 June 2011 at 8:58am

Hello, Bob

There's actually no need to convert anything.
What you need is have ISAPI_Rewrite installed on each node of your LB and have your existing rules on every node.

bobmc859

Posted: 26 June 2011 at 8:52pm

The LBs are F5 LTM devices, not web servers, so I can't install ISAPI_Rewrite on them.  I have to move from ISAPI_Rewrite to iRules.  I'm needing to understand what that rule is doing so I can better understand how to covert them.

Thanks,
Bob

Anton
Admin Group

Posted: 30 June 2011 at 3:56am

The rules in your original post are simply rewriting host headers values of www.test.sitename.bob.com and cms.test.sitename.bob.com to
sitename.bob.com.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version