This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x
Subject Topic: redirect to customised error 404 page
Author
Message |
robert475

Posted: 09 February 2011 at 5:53am

Hi

Its my first time on this forum but i have been redirected here via my hosting company that host my website on a windows server.

I am creating a customised error 404 page so that if a page is requested on my site that doesn't exist it will be redirected to my own page cannot be found page.

As I understand it to be I can create a .htaccess file in the root directory of my site. Can any one point me in the right direction of what syntax i need to put in this file to make this happen please?

Apologies for the lack of knowledge. The version installed by my hosting company is ISAPI_Rewrite version 2.9

Anton
Admin Group

Posted: 09 February 2011 at 7:48am

Well, in this case I would suggest you to set your page in Default Document settings in IIS.
The problem is that ISAPI_Rewrite 2 cannot offer any straightforward syntax to achieve that.
(though it is already possible in v3).

robert475

Posted: 09 February 2011 at 11:08am

Anton wrote:
Well, in this case I would suggest you to set your page in Default Document settings in IIS.
The problem is that ISAPI_Rewrite 2 cannot offer any straightforward syntax to achieve that.
(though it is already possible in v3).

Thanks for getting back to me I have taken your advice and seem to have something what i was looking for. Cheers

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version