This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x
Subject Topic: Help for newbie
Author
Message |
droberts1019

Posted: 05 November 2010 at 2:11pm

I have been thrown into trying to figure out a issue with a wen site that their IT person has ran off.

I am a computer tech, and I guess that makes me the person that is suppose to know about web site building.

The issue is that when their web page links, from the main page, are clicked on we get an error.

Here is the site:

animalalliesoftexas.org

Now, I have been able to track down that somehow, when you click a web page link, instead of adding in the "site1" behind the .org, it puts an "~" and then the rest of the addy.

Here is the only code I found that I believe is doing this:

ISAPI_Rewrite]

### subdomain redirect v2 ###

RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?animalalliesoftexas\.org

RewriteCond URL ^/site1/(.*)

RewriteCond METHOD GET

RewriteRule ^/site1/(.*) /$1 [I,R]

RewriteCond METHOD POST

RewriteRule ^/site1/(.*) /$1

RewriteRule (.*) /site1/$1 [I,L]

Can someone tell me whats going on?

Guests

Online Status: Online
Posted: 08 November 2010 at 4:13am

Hello,

What happens here:
# number one
- if there's a subdomain anything.animalalliesoftexas.org OR simply animalalliesoftexas.org
- if the path starts with /site1/ like anything.animalalliesoftexas.org/site1/something
- if request method is GET
- than redirect as following: anything.animalalliesoftexas.org/site1/something --> anything.animalalliesoftexas.org/something

# number two
- if there's a subdomain anything.animalalliesoftexas.org OR animalalliesoftexas.org
- if request method is POST
- than rewrite as following: anything.animalalliesoftexas.org/something --> anything.animalalliesoftexas.org/site1/something

Regards
Andrew

droberts1019

Posted: 10 November 2010 at 9:58am

I apologize for not responding back sooner.  My email thru the response into "junk".

First, thank you for all the help and response.  I do have a programming background, but that is "old school" of Basic, Cobol, Fortran, C.

I also do understand HTML code.

Based on your response, am I to gather this is something along the lines of an "If..Then" statement?

Under the site's sub-domain, all that is shown is the site1 name.

So even though you can make the adress go to the start web page.  It is the hyperlinks inside the startup page that when clicked, do not put the site1, but instead have the "~".  Is the code above what is handling this part, or am I "off-base"?

If this helps also:  You can click in the web browser's addy box, and subsitute the "~", with "site1" and the page will come up ok.

I once againa aplogize, but this is out of my leauge and knowledge area.

Thank you and God bless.

Guests

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 3:50am

Is there a way you can provide scenario based on input and output URL you need, so that we'll create a rule.

Regards
Andrew

droberts1019

Posted: 11 November 2010 at 9:03am

Good morning.

Thank you for the reply.

I will do you one better.  This is the web site with the issue:

www.animalalliesoftexas.org

Once you get the web page, then try the top, main menu links and you will see the issue.

Thank you.

Guests

Posted: 12 November 2010 at 4:36am

Good morning to you too,

I believe that the issue that you have us caused be the web-page code,
(You can simply comment out the rules in cofig file and see that the issue is still there)
as the links are already hardcoded as /~/XXXX.

What I was trying to tell is that we can create a rule in case you want those links to redirect somewhere else.

Regards
Andrew

droberts1019

Posted: 15 November 2010 at 10:20am

Good morning again.

You seem like a good person.  The lord blesses us with so many good people on this earth.  Thank you for all your help.

I agree, based on your responses that this is more then likely a coding issue on the page(s).

The poor folks at this site so need someone mroe qualified for this then myself.  But being a non-profit organizartion, they cannot aford to pay anyone.

I did the test of commenting out the httpd.ini.

Once I did so, then the web site would only come up showing what looks like an ftp site listing of folders and files.

I would like to add, that per the info that was supplied to me, they were up and running fine, and then they changed web site providers from setupsite.com, to webhost4life, and this is when all of this issue started for them.

Thank you and God bless.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version