Helicon Tech Community Forum

Helicon Ape (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : Helicon Ape
Subject Topic: APE not executing on IIS 7.5 web site
Author
Message |
MMongeau

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 10:43am

I am running IIS 7.5 on Windows 2008 R2 and have setup two web sites: Default Web Site (id1) and SiteCore Production (id2).   Site 2 is running the SiteCore CMS application.  The Application Pool for the SiteCore site is set to Integrated.

I am testing the free version of APE and both sites are enabled in licenses.conf

[LicenseManager] Site with id=1 is working with free license
[LicenseManager] Site with id=2 is working with free license

Helicon.Ape.Manager shows that APE is enabled on both sites.

I have created a global rule in httpd.conf to proxy a specific folder:

<Location /blog/>
    ProxyPass http://my-local-server/
</Location>

The proxy works fine on the Default Web Site.  On the SiteCore site I get the error "File or Directory not found" and the error appears to be coming from the SiteCore application.  I checked the ISAPI Filters for both the server itself and for the SiteCore web site and I do not even see the APE filter.  All that is shown is:

ASP.Net_2.0.50727-64
ASP.Net_2.0.50727.0

How can I get APE to process requests before SiteCore?  Thank you.

Back to Top Visit MMongeau's Homepage

Guests

Online Status: Online
Posted: 08 September 2010 at 8:51am

Hello,

That is absolutely fine that Helicon Ape is not in ISAPI_Filters. If you want to make sure it's installed - look up in
'modules' for 'HeliconApe'.

Please, try to implement simple rewrite rule:

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .? - [F]

This must show FORBIDDEN for any page. Just to make sure Ape is working.

Regards
Andrew

MMongeau

Posted: 09 September 2010 at 8:10am

I did as you suggested and enabled the RewriteRule on the second web site using the VirtualHost directive. When I try to load any page I get the error:

Server Error in '/' Application

Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Stack Trace:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Sitecore.Nexus.Web.HttpModule.(Object sender, EventArgs e) +340 System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +79 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +170

Guests

Posted: 09 September 2010 at 8:48am

Hello, well according to what I see Sitecore.Nexus.Web.HttpModule did not survive after rewrite rule. Which is not our fault.
Please, clarify the purpose of the proxying rule and what you're trying to do with these 2 websites to have a better understanding what
we're striving for.

Regards
Andrew

MMongeau

Posted: 09 September 2010 at 9:00am

We are building a web site in SiteCore CMS.  We also have some Wordpress blogs hosted on a LAMP server.  The need is to have the blogs appear as subfolders of the main site (domain.com/blog/name/) instead of on a separate subdomain (subdomain.domain.com/blog/name/).  I am trying to use APE to proxy content from the LAMP server to the SiteCore server.

If it turns out that SiteCore does not play nicely with APE I have other alternatives. I could install PHP on the SiteCore server to run Wordpress locally.  We also use the Microsoft ISA server in-house which has the ability to proxy.  That may be the next option I look at.

Thank you for your time.

Guests

Posted: 10 September 2010 at 4:15am

I see. I'll try to install SiteCore CMS on IIS7 and run several test to make sure that it's a conflict and will try to find a
solutiond that will fit.
Any other specifications you need to tell me before that?

I'll try to make it in the beginning of the next week or faster.

Regards
Andrew

MMongeau

Posted: 10 September 2010 at 7:58am

I can't think of any other specifictions.  We are running Windows 2008 R2 64-bit if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Guests

Posted: 15 September 2010 at 5:06am

Hello, we've sent request for a SiteCore cms demo on Monday on http://www.sitecore.net.
No replies since that.

That's the only thing that prevents us from running test and investigation on your issues. If there is
any way you can assist - please, contact us. (via helpdesk or email if needed).

Regards
Andrew

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version