This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : ISAPI_Rewrite 2.x
Subject Topic: Isapi not working on server with IIS7
Author
Message |
umeex

Posted: 25 August 2010 at 9:32pm

Hi,

I have a bit of a strange problem. I have been using ISAPI_Rewrite for the last few years, and never really had major issues with it.

I am now trying to install and use ISAPI_Rewrite 2 on a Windows 2008 std 32-bit OS. As I have done several times before without any issues.

Once everything is installed, ISAPI does not do anything at all. The rule I am trying to process is a simple rewrite rule: RewriteRule /vd/somepage\.asp /vd/somepage\.htm [I,L]

The httpd.ini is in the root of the website.

I ran the proxycfg.vbs -r several times, and also tried installing ISAPI_Rewrite 3 out of desperation (I'm not using 3 normally due to an issue we have with it, it's a long story) Not even ISAPI_Rewrite 3 would work. So we decided to uninstall ISAPI as well as IIS, and retry, same thing happens. Nothing...

I just get a standard 404 error, page cannot be displayed.

Unless I actualy create a somepage.asp page, in which case, it just displays this page, and not my somepage.htm.

I even tried setting the identity of the application pool to a administrator, but still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UM

Back to Top Visit umeex's Homepage

Lexey
Moderator Group

Posted: 26 August 2010 at 4:18am

First, try to put the rule to the global httpd.ini and check whether it will work or not.

umeex

Posted: 26 August 2010 at 4:26am

Hi Lexey,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried doing this, but still nothing. For whatever reason it just doesn't seem to work at all.

Back to Top Visit umeex's Homepage

Lexey
Moderator Group

Posted: 27 August 2010 at 6:46am

1) Check System and Application event logs for possible error messages.
2) Check that "ISAPI filters" feature is installed and running (not stopped) under the "computer" node in the IIS manager. Check that the ISAPI_Rewrite filter is present in the filters list.
3) Check that an application pool identity has at least Read access to the ISAPI_Rewrite installation folder.
4) Check that the product is correctly registered (launch the ISRWConfig application and check that it displays a correct registration info).

Lexey
Moderator Group

Posted: 27 August 2010 at 6:47am

Or, if possible, give me a temporary terminal access to your server.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version