This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
HotlinkBlocker (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : HotlinkBlocker
Subject Topic: Protecting Files between 2 servers (Topic Closed Topic Closed)
Author
Message |
eproms

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 11:38am  

I'm trying to work through a scenario where I have an application that resides on one server and generates links to another server in my server farm.

The directory structures between the 2 servers are not consistent, and I need to be able to generate protected url's on Server 1 that have access to a protected url on Server 2.

I've tried setting the same crypto key on each server with "LINK" protection, but haven't been able to get anything to work. 

Could anyone please provide any assistance in helping me figure this out?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Anton
Admin Group

Posted: 03 July 2009 at 8:22am  

Actually it is usually sufficient to replicate Signature value for all servers and synchronize clock to get it working.
If that didn't help you, please provide the configs you are using and if possible show the issue online.

eproms

Posted: 03 July 2009 at 11:43am  

For example:

Server1
http://www.server1.com/folder/page.html

page.html renders the following url to a media file located on another server using the same signature value configured in the iis snapin tool on both servers:

http://www.server2.com/432123212341123/somefolder/folder2/folder3/folder4/folder5/mediafile.wmv

Also in the IIS admin snapin tool, I've set the directory on both servers to "/*.wmv", protection type to LINK.  The signature values are the same.  The clocks are both synchronized.

Does the directory structure play in to account when its generating the encrypted key?  Seems to me that might be the case.  What I'm trying to do is sign a url on one server and make it valid on another server, no matter what folder the destionation file may be located in.

Hope that clears it up.  Thanks in advance.

Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version