This forum has been moved here:
Helicon Tech Community Forum

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  HelpHelp   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
HotlinkBlocker (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Helicon Tech : HotlinkBlocker
Subject Topic: FTP with ISAPI or HotLinkBlocker? (Topic Closed Topic Closed)
Author
Message |
damonw

Posted: 02 October 2008 at 11:42am  

Hi Guys.

I have a question for you. We have now downloaded both HotlinkBlocker and ISAPI trials and are ready to purchase. Firstly. Just got to say excellent software. I'm amazed with what you guys are doing. That said I have a couple of questions we need to resolve before we can make payment.

1. We have some files which we want our users to download. We've had to make them available both in FTP and HTTP link access on our site.

The HTTP blocking is working a treat. The xxxxxxxxxxxxx/ generation is REALLY great!

But....(there's always a but isn't there)

We set up the ftp url in IIS 6 as a FTP Site so whereas the users who can download using HTTP are running through Website admin get the url

http://www.domain/folder/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/filename.zip

The FTP links are running through the FTP (windows in built) server with IUSR access given to the folder as the home folder so they are seeing.

ftp://domain.com/filename.zip

So my question is can we do with FTP what we've done with the HTTP ie. create the dynamically changing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ path.

Obviously its no point stopping Hotlink leechers just on HTTP if they can also get FTP.

If we cant do this using HotLinkBlocker. Is there a way to acheive this with ISAPI_Rewrite 2?

2. Our second question is regarding rtmp and streaming of flash files. Is Hotlinkblocker an option here? Over for example secure token authorization from the media streaming server itself?

We are hosting our own flash media server (from Wowzamedia? and so have urls such as

rtmp://ip_number/application&file=filename.flv

Are we hoping for too much here with Hotlink blocker?

If so fine. Please let us know. It would just be ideal if we could use one system to block all so to speak.

Looking forward to your feedback and response.

-D

Anton
Admin Group

Posted: 03 October 2008 at 8:29am  

Unfirtunately, neither HotlinkBlocker nor ISAPI_Rewrite work with FTP connections and do not deal with streaming.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Printable version Printable version